Thursday, November 6, 2014

1/100 ~ 100 Face Challenge

1/100 ~ Sandra Martin

I am so excited to participate in Tracy Scott's challenge to create 100 faces. There are no rules. It's all about "practice, practice, practice." 

I chose a model from my new Anthropologie catalog. I can't decide if the model is a little mad or just sad and pouty. If I look at my sketch from different angles in different light, she appears to change from one expression to the other.
Side by Side Comparison

I'm working in an 8x7 inch altered art journal. Lately I've been drawn to square books, and squares in general. Like the Grid Collage I blogged about yesterday.

I chose to use Prismacolors in an expressionistic style rather than realistic color. I love the pretty purples and golds and peaches in this sketch. I can't wait to do more of these, experimenting with different media and techniques, of course!

I am posting my faces on my Facebook page (where else?) as well as Pinterest.

Detail 1/100