Tuesday, November 11, 2014

4/100 ~ 100 Face Challenge

4/100
My second drawing last night was inspired by a model in the Fall Anthropologie catalog. Her beautiful long face is framed by faux fur. I realized towards the end I had made her eyes a little too small. But I still think she is beautiful and vibrant. The pink paper was actually dyed with pink, yellow and blue food coloring. I did a stack of them when I was working on coffee-dyed paper last month. I adhered the mixed media paper to the title page of my altered journal with Mod Podge. The colors definitely informed how I approached her face. I did pick up some of the colors I saw in the original photo, and blended with the pink glow of the paper.

There was something familiar about the color scheme, and then it dawned on me. This picture resembled this old 90's Elvis Stamp. :) Funny how you remember things like that.

90's Elvis Stamp