Tuesday, December 31, 2013

365 Art Project 2014 ~ Happy Thoughts

Happy 2014, Everyone!

I've spent the past few days pondering what I'd like to do for the New Year. I've known for quite a while that I wanted to try a 365 day art challenge. But I couldn't quite figure out a theme.

Today, I flipped open an old book I own called Stepping Heavenward by Elizabeth Prentiss. A little page fell out with a quote on happiness:


I really dug the quote and decided to Google it to find out more information. Then I stumbled on a gorgeous volume of happiness quotes from Archive.org


Cover: Beautiful Thoughts on Happiness, Copyright 1911

It contains a happy thought for each day of the year, as you can see here:

So....I had a "happy thought" of my own! Why not do a little piece of art each day exploring one of these quotes on happiness? Sounds like a plan to me! 

I'm still settling on materials and size. But I will most likely keep the format small, maybe the size of an index card. But I think this would be a great challenge for 2014, and something I can even do when I'm backpacking this spring. I may mix it up a little with perhaps a different style or technique each month. I plan to wing it a little, and just enjoy the experience!

Best wishes for a blessed and prosperous New Year!

A little graphic I created to launch the 365 Art Project 2014: Happy Thoughts
Sandra Martin | All Rights Reserved | Copyright 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment