Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Kandinsky ATC #3

Kandinsky ATC 3/4 by Sandra Martin, Creative Currents

Invest yourself in everything you do. There’s fun in being serious.

~Wynton Marsalis
In my third artist trading card paying homage to Kandinsky, I used a couple of my favorite color combos, coral and turquoise. I intermixed them with quite a few primary colors, too. 

I think this card is probably the most feminine of the four. Lots of fun shapes...the pearl-like circles, the paisley-like shape, and a little red heart peeking in the top right corner. The atmosphere is fun and light, fitting perfectly with Wynton's quote. 

The blue circle on the bottom right reminds me of the earth. There are also a lot of interlocking circles which remind me of the vesica piscis from sacred geometry, symbolic of birth. This is one I don't want to interpret too deeply, but just enjoy the dance of colors and shapes. 

Next, I will share about the last card in the series, number 4

To view the others:





Sandra Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment