Saturday, October 19, 2013

Moments 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

#themomentschallenge via Daisy Yellow
Once again, I'm sharing a roundup of this week's moments. I'm still on a computer detox, so my social media/blogging time is limited! Enjoy. 


#15

“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be 
absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”
~Marilyn Monroe | Marilyn
Colorful "design" on a telephone pole
Don't mind me, passing cars and pedestrians. I'm just standing a few inches away from a telephone pole happily snapping away! 


#16

 "Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life."
~Omar Khayyam
Noticing the light on my Adidas
A simple moment caught while running errands in the blue Ford Festiva. I paid attention to the play of light on the imperfect dirty floorboard. 


#17

"Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul."
~Henry Ward Beecher
Crabapple Blossoms, Autumn Sunset

Saw this during my walk home earlier this week (prints will be available soon). The tree stood next to an overpass with a rusty chain link fence and noisy traffic below, but I appreciated the calm of spying the blossoms high above me. 


#18

"I think music in itself is healing. It's an explosive expression of humanity. 
"We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature - trees, flowers, grass- grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence... We need silence to be able to touch souls."
~Mother Teresa
Daytime Moon
I saw this shortly after snapping pics of the crabapple tree. Another source of calm in the midst of noise and littered sidewalks. 

#19

|True happiness comes from the joy of deeds well done, the zest of creating things new."
~Antoine de Saint-Exupery 
Memory Board of Mom
I've been stepping into some creative endeavors lately trying to earn money from doing what I love. I noticed this picture on a memory board I created when my mother passed away in March. She's wearing a clown nose during one of her stays at the nursing home. You can see the oxygen she is wearing, which she sometimes required. She thought the pic was silly, but I enjoyed it so much. I put all the pictures that represented her creative gifts that she passed to me....a love of music (her favorite were old-time hymns), arts and crafts, gardening, and decorating. I'm glad my mom kept this pic that revealed her fun-loving side...it reminds me not to take life too seriously. 

Artfully yours, 
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment