Monday, October 14, 2013

The Moments No. 11, 12, 13, 14


#themomentschallenge via Daisy Yellow


Running a little behind posting my daily Moments. So here are the past few days! I am forgoing my usual formatting with the bordered frames and Moments title. Keeping it sweet and simple...which really is the point anyways, right? ;-) 
#11

"I think music in itself is healing. It's an explosive expression of humanity. 
It's something we are all touched by. 
No matter what culture we're from, everyone loves music."
~Billy Joel
Music Box Closeup


My brother-in-law found a couple music boxes with clear housing while helping the neighbors move. I've always been intrigued by music boxes even as a child, watching the whirring gears and the harp-like tines pluck the teeth on the main wheel, creating a tinkling melody. I really enjoyed the rainbow sheen of the metal inside the scarred plastic case when I captured this closeup. 

#12

"Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties."
~Erich Fromm
Keep Calm and Craft On Metal Tin
Yup...the Keep Calm posters are pretty much overkill, but this little tin is still a treasure I purchased during the height of the Keep Calm craze. It's surrounded by scraps of paper I pulled off a chipboard butterfly. I plan on collaging the ripped pieces onto my art journal pages, giving them new life. One thing I'm learning as I create is that the best work happens when I'm in a state of rest or calm in my heart...not overthinking a project. So the tin offers good advice. :-)


#13

"If we had a keen vision of all that is ordinary in human life, it would be like hearing the grass grow or the squirrel's heart beat, and we should die of that roar which is the other side of silence.
~George Eliot
Squirrel on a Telephone Wire
Out on my morning walk, I captured this squirrel high above me on the telephone wire. It sat very still, clinging to the wire hoping I wouldn't notice it. A closeup with my camera brought the cute little rodent into view. 


#14

"An artist must be careful not to throw his ideas out with the trash." 
~Terri Guillemets
Pretty Tiles in Cobblestone Wall
I discovered these tiles on a retaining wall in the neighborhood. The fact that the tiles are rough, dirty and imperfect make them even more interesting to me. This is how I often approach my mixed media art, particularly my experiments in my art journal. I love adding a torn piece of paper or objects that would be destined for the trash. I really believe you can find value and beauty in almost anything with a little imagination. 

Artfully yours,
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment