Friday, October 11, 2013

The Moments No. 10


#themomentschallenge via Daisy Yellow

#10

"No one sees a flower, really, because to see takes time"
~Georgia O' Keefe

This picture was a result of a prompt by Milliande Photography Studio last month called "Backyard Bugs." Not only did I capture the target of the prompt, but a beautiful seedpod as well. I loved that my Nikon Coolpix L820 picked up the fuzzy delicate hairs as well. It was perfect timing, for I had just purchased a favorite book called Pencil Dancing  by Mari Messer. Chapter Six is called "Wake Up and Notice the Fuzz on the Rose Petals."


"There's no such thing as an insignificant detail, even though the words are often found in each other's company. Jack Kerourac says that details are the life of prose. They are also the life of poetry, and the inspiration of painting and other creative acts. To fuel your own creativity, train yourself to observe and remember details. Think of this training as mental push-ups: preparation for being able to see a rose all the way down to its fuzzy petals. We can't write or draw until we can see. And we can't see until we take time to notice."
~Mari Messer, Pencil Dancing

I am polishing the powers of observation through photography, sketching, and just noticing details around me as I go for walks in the neighborhood. I will be sharing more details in some of the moments ahead! 

Artfully yours,
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment