Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The Moments No. 9

#themomentschallenge via Daisy Yellow

#9

"I've always taken 'The Wizard of Oz' very seriously, 
you know. I believe in the idea of the rainbow. And
 I've spent my entire life trying to get over it."
~Judy Garland
Label on Vintage Suitcase
I have a great love of vintage suitcases. They're great for storing my fabric or other craft supplies as well as seasonal clothes. My hubby's suitcase still has a label from his home state, circa the early 1970's. I was drawn to the play on words, "The Land of AH's", but didn't think much about it. Then I happened to be on YouTube a day or two later, and saw a promoted video for "The Wizard of Ahh's by the viral singing group Pentatonix collaborating with Todrick Hall. Needless to say, I was mesmerized! It was a special moment, as Oz plays itself out a lot in my work, like my recent index card art here or a collage I created here.



Artfully yours, 

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment